Opening hours & entrances
The garden is open daily, except on December 24 and 31.
Opening hours in the winter season
During winter, admission to the outdoor area of the garden is free.
- Outdoor areas: 9 a.m. – 4.30 p.m., last admission at 4 p.m.
- Greenhouses: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., last admission at 3.30 p.m.
- The south entrance closes at 4.15 p.m.
Opening hours in the summer season
During the period from March 26, 2023 to October 29, 2023, the opening hours are as follows:
- Outdoor areas: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., last admission at 5.30 p.m.
- Greenhouses: 9 a.m. – 5.30 p.m., last admission at 5 p.m.
- The south entrance closes at 5.45 p.m.
Special events are sometimes subject to special opening hours. These can be found in our event program. Please also note the visitor regulations and the information on photography and filming. Thank you!
- Main Entrance, Menzinger Straße 65, 80638 Munich
- South entrance (crossing the Nymphenburg Palace Park)
Access via the South entrance is via turnstile/swing gate and QR code scanner:
possible with regular day tickets and with the annual ticket (365 days), which you can buy in our Ticket Shop or at the main box office.
Maria Ward Straße
Journey & Accessibility
You can easily reach the Botanical Garden by public transport. There is a limited number of parking spaces opposite the garden entrance. There are sufficient bicycle parking spaces available.
Wheelchair users have access to all major parts of the garden. There are three parking spaces for persons with disabilities in front of the Botanical Institute (Menzinger Str. 67) there are three parking spaces for people with disabilities. You can find more information in the accessibility section.
The south entrance/exit is only passable with a new generation day or annual pass (with QR code).
Photo header image: Ben Sagmeister