Entrance fees & discounts
There is no charge to visit the open-air park during the winter months (from October 30, 2022 to March 25, 2023, inclusive).
Price: regular 5.50 €, discount 4 €
Price: regular 48 €, discount 32 €
Please bring proof of eligibility for a discount and present it at the cash desk.
Vouchers for annual passes can only be ordered by e-mail at the garden administration (email@example.com). The processing takes about a week. We will send you the invoice and voucher by mail. (2 € postage).
Admission prices for special events
For special exhibitions (e.g. mushroom exhibition, harvest festival exhibition and the butterfly exhibition) the following admission fees apply:
Price: regular 6.50 €, discount 4.50 €
- Munich Pass holders
- Students, as long as the admission is not free (students of biology, earth and environmental sciences, chemistry and physics at universities and other institutions of higher education) as well as course participants of the Goethe-Institut upon presentation of appropriate identification (e.g. German or international student ID card)
- Senior citizens after the age of 65
- People with disabilities (handicapped ID)
- Members of the Association Biology, Biosciences and Biomedicine in Germany – VBIO
- Volunteers of the Voluntary Social Year as well as participants of the Voluntary Ecological Year
- Volunteers performing military service and volunteers under the Federal Volunteer Service Act (Bundesfreiwilligendienstgesetz)
- District and city curators (against ID card)
- Groups of 15 people or more receive a group discount of 4 € per person.
- For special exhibitions, group admission price is 4.50 € per person.
Free admission for children and teenagers under 18 years
- Children (under 12) do not need a ticket, as they are only allowed to visit the garden when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Adolescents (under 18 years) also do not pay admission. For special exhibitions and special events, the reduced admission price must be paid.
Free admission for school classes and daycare groups
- School classes as well as daycare groups have free admission including accompanying persons.